Alfa Romeo Giulia Wins “2017 Driver’s Choice Award for Best New Luxury Car”
- Industry accolade comes courtesy of The Car Connection as the Alfa Romeo Giulia secured 55 percent of the vote with nearly 1,000 users selecting the premium mid-size sedan as the “Best New Luxury Car” out of a field of 10 new luxury cars and SUVs
- Giulia won the distinction by earning four times as many votes as the second place finisher
- The all-new Giulia combines Italian craftsmanship, class-leading performance, state-of-the-art technology and a passion for driving to the premium mid-size market
- Giulia and Giulia Ti feature an all-new, all-aluminum, 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbo engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission delivering a class-leading, standard 280 horsepower and 306 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing it to launch from 0 to 60 miles per hour (mph) in 5.1 seconds and achieve a top speed of 149 mph
- All-new 2.9L bi-turbo V-6 with 505 hp makes the Giulia Quadrifoglio the most powerful Alfa Romeo production car ever, delivering 0-60 mph in a class-leading 3.8 seconds, a top speed of 191 mph and a record-setting Nürburgring lap time of 7:32
NOV. 14, 2016 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The all-new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia won the “Driver’s Choice” award for “Best New Luxury Car” as it secured 55 percent of the category’s votes, in a field of 10 new cars and SUVs, thanks to nearly 1,000 user-submitted ballots on The Car Connection, a car review and research website.
“Our readers have voted and with the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s win for ‘Best New Luxury Car,’ it’s clear that readers, drivers, and shoppers are keen to get behind the wheel,” said Marty Padgett, editorial director of Internet Brands Automotive, parent company of The Car Connection, Motor Authority and Green Car Reports.
As the first of a new generation of vehicles built on an all-new platform, the 2017 Giulia embodies Alfa Romeo’s La meccanica delle emozioni (the mechanics of emotion), delivering race-inspired performance, advanced technologies, seductive Italian style and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium mid-size sedan segment.
Alfa Romeo’s passion for Italian style, craftsmanship and performance carries throughout the entire lineup. Giulia Quadrifoglio stands as the “halo” model with its 2.9L bi-turbo V-6 engine producing a class-leading 505 horsepower and 443 lb.-ft. of torque. The Giulia and Giulia Ti models feature an all-new, all-aluminum, 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbo engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission delivering a class-leading, standard 280 hp and 306 lb.-ft. of torque.
Through innovation, Alfa Romeo created an all-new rear-wheel-drive architecture that integrates lightweight, state-of-the-art materials that enable and deliver a near perfect 50/50 weight distribution, segment-leading torsional rigidity and the most direct steering ratio on the market. Giulia and Giulia Ti offer even more all-season capabilities and performance with an available state-of-the-art Q4 all-wheel-drive system.
The all-new Giulia was designed to have a commanding presence and a menacing face to take on the world’s best roadways. Giulia exudes stunning and functional Italian style with a finesse of Alfa Romeo heritage, athletically taut lines and sculptural details.
Crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Italy, the all-new 2017 Giulia is the high-performance model in the lineup and a testament to Alfa Romeo’s perfect balance of engineering and emotion, creating a premium sport sedan for driving enthusiasts that stands out in the segment.