Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Added to 2017 ‘Hot List’ of Future Collectible Vehicles
- Hagerty classic car experts select the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio to its annual “Hot List”
- Commemorates fourth year in a row Alfa Romeo has been recognized on Hagerty’s “Hot List.” Alfa Romeo has been honored every year since its return to the U.S. market. Former Alfa Romeo models selected by the classic car experts at Hagerty include 4C (2014), 4C launch edition (2015) and 4C Spider (2016)
- Annual “Hot List” consists of 10 highly selected collectible vehicles chosen for their joy of driving and collectability for future enthusiasts
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is the first vehicle built off an all-new Alfa Romeo architecture
- The heart of the Quadrifoglio is the all-new, all-aluminum direct injection 2.9L twin-turbo intercooled V-6, producing 505 horsepower; and is what makes the Giulia Quadrifoglio the most powerful Alfa Romeo production car ever
- With impressive performance statistics of delivering 0-60 miles per hour in a class-leading 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 191 mph, along with a record-setting Nürburgring lap time of 7:32, Giulia Quadrifoglio is the fastest four-door production sedan in the world
- 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is available now with a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price (MSRP) of $72,000
February 13, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – With more than 105 years of brand history based around racing performance, Italian style and innovative technologies, Alfa Romeo vehicles have always been one of the most desired among collectors and enthusiasts; and now the classic car experts at Hagerty are highlighting the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio’s stand-out combination of stunning Italian design and craftsmanship, race-inspired technologies and class-leading performance by adding the most powerful Alfa Romeo production car ever to its “Hot List” of future collectible vehicles.
“The Giulia is a true expression of La Dolce Vita,” said McKeel Hagerty, CEO of Hagerty. “It’s the kind of car that makes you want to spend your time looking for twisty roads. The car has the ingredients to become a future classic.”
The 2017 Hagerty “Hot List” represents the most collectible cars under $100,000 to buy today. In order to be selected by Hagerty experts for their annual “Hot List,” a vehicle must deliver the joy of driving today, along with continue to foster every gearhead’s love of driving and become collectible in the future.
Bearing the iconic Quadrifoglio badge, adorned by all Alfa Romeo performance models, the all-new Giulia Quadrifoglio embodies the essence of Alfa Romeo’s racing legacy. The beating heart of this ultra-high-performance sedan is an all-aluminum direct-injection 2.9-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine, delivering a best-in-class 505 horsepower, as well as earning the title of the most powerful Alfa Romeo production car engine ever and the quickest with a class-leading 0-60 miles per hour (mph) acceleration in 3.8 seconds. Combined with an 8-speed automatic with aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters, which shifts in less than 100 milliseconds, the culmination of these performance attributes is a record-setting time at the Nürburgring of 7:32, making the Giulia the fastest four-door production sedan in the world.
The Giulia Quadrifoglio achieves these unprecedented figures with exclusive enhancements for ultimate performance. The Giulia Quadrifoglio is composed of a carbon fiber hood, roof, rocker panel moldings, rear deck-lid spoiler, segment-exclusive drive shaft, and active aero front splitter combined with aluminum body components for maximum weight savings that attributes to the near perfect 50/50 weight distribution. The 2.9-liter twin-turbo V-6 supplies its 505 horses to the 19-inch staggered aluminum wheels (19 x 8.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear), wrapped with Pirelli P Zero Corsa three-season high-performance tires, and utilizing a torque vectoring differential the Giulia Quadrifoglio ensures increased performance in every corner and on every straight away.